The INTIX Scanner app is available for free to all INTIX clients. Download the app onto your iOS or Android device to help make managing your event easy. Check-in attendees and track attendances live with the INTIX Scanner app.
With the INTIX Scanner app, you can:
- Rely on easy-to-use ticket scanning and check-in to give guests a flawless entry experience
- Set up different Gates for different Ticket Types, e.g. GA Entry, VIP Entry
- Keep your finger on the pulse of your event with live attendance tracking
Set up Scanner and Gate permissions:
1. Assign new Account Roles for anybody who will be using the INTIX Scanner app, but does not require access to the rest of your INTIX Management Dashboard.
- Log in to your INTIX Dashboard
- Within your event go to SETUP > EVENT ROLES
- Enter the email address you wish to set up a Scanner account for, select SCANNER from the roles drop-down, and press ADD
- An email will be sent to the email addresses entered to set up their password
Note: ‘Super Admins’ on your account will already have access to the Scanner app if you will be managing the door yourself.
2. Edit Gate settings to lock certain ticket types to specific gates.
Add multiple Gates and select specific ticket types to be allowed to be scanned by the INTIX Scanner app in your Event Management Dashboard.
Note: If your event only has one ticket type and/or one door, you will not need to adjust Gate Settings.
Add each different ‘gate’, door or lane your event will be using:
- SETUP > GATES > ADD GATE TYPE
Assign ticket types to specific gates:
- SETUP > GATE VALIDATION
- Use the checkboxes to set validation rules for which ticket types can be scanned at each gate
Use the Scanner app:
1. Download the INTIX Scanner app for your device.
Click the relevant link below to find the INTIX Scanner app on your device’s App Store.
2. Log in using your INTIX admin account details.
Open the app on your device, and log in when prompted using your email address and password.
3. Select your Organisation from the list.
If you only have access to one Organisation, this will be the only option available in the list.
4. Select the event you are scanning tickets for from the list.
5. You will be presented with a list of Attendees with tickets for your event.
Important: If you have set up multiple Gate Types and Gate Validation rules, you will need to enter Settings in the Scanner app, and select which Gate each device is being used on.
Click on the green QR code symbol in the bottom-right corner to enter scanner mode.
6. Scan the QR code on attendees’ tickets.
Point the camera at the QR code on your attendees’ tickets, either printed or on their mobile phone screen. For tickets on mobile phones, ensure that you ask attendees to turn up the screen brightness. Screen covers or badly cracked screens may, or glare from the sun or another light source may make it harder to scan a ticket.
Once scanned, the phone will vibrate and display either:
Good Scan – ticket is valid for event and has not already been used to check an attendee in
Bad Scan – Ticket is not valid for one of these reasons:
- Ticket has already been used to check-in an attendee
- Ticket is not valid for this event
Return to the attendee list to view attendees who have already been checked in.
Note: after a 3-second delay, the scanner will reset to be ready to scan the next ticket.
The green bar on the left side of an attendee’s name indicates that the attendee has been checked in.
You may click on the attendee to see more information including email address, DOB, and time checked in.
Manually check-in attendees who’s QR code cannot be scanned.
If an attendee has forgotten their ticket or you are unable to successfully scan their QR code, they can be checked in manually.
- Use the search bar at the top of the Attendee List to find the correct attendee
- Swipe to the left on the attendee’s name to reveal the ‘scan’ button
- Click the scan button, or swipe all the way to the left to manually check the attendee in
Track Attendance Live:
Track live attendance via your INTIX Management Dashboard.
Log in to your INTIX Management Dashboard and select your to track live check-ins. Check-in information is displayed in a graph on the event Dashboard.