Creating an event with the Event Wizard is quick and easy: enter your event details and upload a banner image, create your tickets, and decide on your fee setup. Sign in to your INTIX account and click “Create A New Event” to get started.
Create Event and add Event Details
1. Enter the Event Wizard
After you sign up or log in, select "Create A New Event" at the top of the Event List page.
2. Fill in the "Event Options" section.
Under “Event Options” you’ll see fields for the following information:
- Event Name – Give your event a short, distinct name
- Venue – Start typing the name of the venue where your event is being held and select the venue from the drop-down list. Please note: if your venue isn’t listed, contact our Support Team to have them add it for you
- Date and Time – Select the start date and time for your event from the drop-downs. Make sure the correct time zone is selected for your event. This can be changed by clicking “Time Zone & Date Settings”
- Event Banner – This is the main image which appears at the top of your event page, and on your event listing on your INTIX event listing. This image often contains the event name and should be compelling enough to bring your event to life. Image Specs: 960px X 320px | no larger than 2MB
- Event Summary – Write a summary that describes the most important details of your event and makes it clear to people why they should attend. Include details which will help attendees get a sense of what they’ll experience at your event like a lineup, sponsors or featured guests. TIP: You can add an image using the Insert Image button. You can also format the text using the Rich Text Format settings, such as making text centre-aligned, or bolding key points.
- Link to Facebook – Check the Link to Facebook box at the end of the Event Options section if you wish to link your event to Facebook. This will allow attendees to see information about your Facebook page and event when they view your ticketing site.In the first box, enter the end of your Facebook page’s URL. In the second box, enter the number at the end of your Facebook event’s URL.
After you’ve added all of the other details for your event, it’s time to create your tickets. You can use the Event Wizard to add multiple Ticket Types, including Free tickets, Paid tickets, and also set up an option for attendees to make a Donation during ticket purchase.
3. Select your first ticket type and fill in Ticket Details.
- + FREE – Creates a ticket with no charge.
- + PAID – Creates a paid ticket.
- + DONATION – Adds an optional donation to your ticketing form. You can set up pre-determined donation amounts or leave the price as 0.00 to allow customers to enter their own donation amount.
Once you select a ticket type, a drop-down will appear allowing you to enter ticket details including the Ticket Name, Quantity Available, Price. Once you select a ticket type, a drop-down will appear allowing you to enter ticket details including the Ticket Name, Quantity Available, Price. 4. (Optional) Edit settings for each ticket type by clicking the settings symbol (see below). This allows you to enter a longer description for your ticket types, alter sales dates, and restrict the number of tickets allowed per order.
5. Decide on your fee setup.
- Country – Select the country in which you will be paid.
- Currency – This is the currency your attendees will be charged in, and INTIX will pay you in. INTIX supports only the countries and currencies listed.
- Charge Rate – Select between Starter and Premium pricing, based on the needs of your event. View the difference between Starter and Premium. If you have a pre-existing agreement with INTIX, your Charge Rate will be determined by your agreement.
- INTIX Ticket Fees – Choose from the options:
- “Pass INTIX ticket fees on” – The INTIX fees will be charged to attendees on top of the ticket price, and will not impact your ticket revenue
- “Absorb INTIX ticket fees” – The ticket fee will be included in the ticket price to attendees and taken out of the ticket revenue for Event Organisers
- Bank Transaction Fees – Choose from the options:
- “Pass bank fees on” – The payment processing fees will be charged to attendees on top of the ticket price, and will not impact your ticket revenue
- “Absorb bank fees” – The payment processing fee will be included in the ticket price to attendees and taken out of the ticket revenue for Event Organisers
- + Add GST – If you are required to charge GST for your event, click to turn this option on and add your Tax ID / ABN details.
6. Save your event and set it to LIVE.
Don’t forget to press SAVE EVENT to finish creating your event. When you press SAVE EVENT, you will be presented with the following dialogue box:
If you wish to make your event live and ready to start selling tickets, select OK. If you are not finished creating your event and wish to carry out testing using test credit card details, select CANCEL. Selecting CANCEL still saves your event, however, the event will remain in Test Mode until you set it live from the Event Listing page on your Dashboard. After your event has been created, you will be redirected to the Dashboard for your new event.
7. Share your Event URL with your customers.