Promotion Codes can be a great marketing tool and can help build interest in your event as well as reward loyal customers or partners of your event.
To add a Promo Code for your event follow the steps below:
- Log in to your INTIX Account of the Management Console
- Select the Organisation that you want to add a new Promotion Code to
Note: If you are only authorised for one organisation you will only see one.
- Click MARKETING > DISCOUNT & ACCESS CODES > ACTIONS > ADD PROMOTION CODE(S)
- Add a title for the code eg. Summer Promo or Half Price Tickets
- Edit the start and finish dates and times to match the period you would like the code to be active
Note: The code will only be valid during these dates and times so communicate that when you distribute the code
- In the Generic Code field enter the code you would like people to use to receive the discount eg. SUMMERSAVE10 or DISCOUNT50
- Select a Use Limit if you want to limit the amount of times the code can be used.
Note: The Use Limit is the amount of times the code is entered at the checkout, per ticket, not per order. If the order is not completed the uses will still be recorded. This is due to the fact that the checkout has an 8 minute timer and as such, a customer could be in the checkout process and using the last code but if another person starts the checkout process before that and also uses the code you could go over the use limit if the rule was set to only log successful checkouts. We suggest using Promoters to monitor the successful uses of the code so you can adjust accordingly if needed.
The Use Limit cannot be adjusted once the code set up is complete. If you wish to allow more uses simply create the code again with extra uses available.
- Choose the discount type between a dollar value or a percentage and enter the amount or percentage saved when the customer uses the code
- Select the events you would like the code to apply to from the list of your events and SAVE
- Once you have saved a code you can add a Promoter to it so you can track their success
Note: without adding a Promoter to a code it is hard to track uses.
Now you can distribute the code and customers can start using it. You may want to do this by posting the code to your socials for all customers to see/find. You may also like to use it exclusively and only email it to a list of sponsors for your event to thank them for their support.