As an organiser, you may need to cancel an order or the ticket holder may want to cancel their order. Whatever the reason, cancelling an order is really simple from the INTIX Dashboard. If you need to cancel an individual ticket from an order check out the article here as it is a different process.
Log in and get started:
- Log in to the INTIX Dashboard
- Select the Organisation that sold the ticket you need to cancel
Note: If you are only authorised for one organisation you will only see one
- Select the Event the ticket was for
Note: If you are only authorised for one event you will only see one
Find and cancel the order
- Search for the order in TICKETS > ORDERS using the search bar to find the order by using the Last Name, Booking Reference, Transaction ID or Email Address
- Click on the correct order
- At the bottom of the screen will be a button to 'Cancel Booking'. Click the button
- You will see a pop up and you can 'Confirm Cancellation' with or without notes. We suggest adding notes as to why the booking was cancelled. This is handy if another team member deals with this customer later or if you need to remind yourself down the track (we're all busy humans and we all forget things sometimes!)
- You will then see a refund pop up which gives you a few options:
Refund Order WITHOUT Fees (most common) - Here you are just refunding the ticket amount
Refund Order WITH Fees - Here you are refunding the ticket price AND the Stripe and INTIX fees
Note: Unless you have enabled manual payouts with Stripe, they transfer the money to your nominated account as per your payout schedule (standard is daily but you can choose weekly, monthly or manual) When you process refunds you must have the funds in your nominated account for Stripe to draw on and refund your ticketholders. If you have spent the money or moved it to another account you need to fix this before refunding or the action will fail. You are only paid out the ticket amount so if you choose to also refund fees you will need to have the extra funds available as INTIX and Stripe fees are not refunded by these organisations in this process. The funds need to come from you.
No Refund For XXX - This option allows you to cancel the order WITHOUT a refund.
- Select the correct option and the cancellation will be finalised with/without a refund attached
Note: If you wish to process a partial refund you need to cancel the tickets individually.
Once you cancel an order you cannot undo this action. If you have accidentally cancelled an order you can reissue complimentary tickets. Check out the article here. Note that this is only an option for orders that you didn't refund. If you have refunded an order you will also need to organise payment again which can be embarrassing and a real hassle so double check you have the right order before completing a cancellation.