Adding an optional Donation to your event is a great way to help raise money for your chosen cause, and it's easy to ask attendees to donate during the checkout process. INTIX does not charge a service fee for Donations received on your event form.
Donations are added to your form as a specific Donation 'Ticket Type', so you may wish to add a Ticket Category specifically for donations to your chosen charity first. You may want to add an image or some information about where donations will be going in the Ticket Category Description.
To add a Donation Ticket Type:
- Log in to your INTIX Dashboard
- Select the Event you want to edit
- Click SET UP > TICKETS
- Click ACTIONS > ADD INVENTORY
- Set the Ticket Type to 'Donation'
- Name the ticket type eg. '$5 Donation to Red Cross Bushfire Relief Appeal'
- 'Order By' indicates the order this ticket type will appear in on your ticketing page in relation to other ticket types in the same category.
- 'Initial Units' will control the amount of this donation ticket type you can sell. Set a specific amount if there are a limited number of donations available, or a higher amount if you would like to accept as many donations as possible.
- On the pricing tab, you can set a pre-determined donation amount e.g. $5.00. If you would prefer, leaving the price set to $0.00 allows attendees to enter their own donation amount.
- On the Details tab, add any details about the specific donation amount eg. 'This amount will help buy veterinary supplies for 1 koala affected by the bushfires.'
- Click SAVE.
Your attendees will now be able to select this donation when they enter your ticket form. It is possible for customers to make a donation without adding a ticket to their cart. If you wish to add multiple amounts, add additional Donation types e.g. $5, $10, $25, $50, or allow the customer to set their own value.
After you have added a Donation Ticket Type, you can follow this guide on how to manage the inventory.