Communicating with your customers and attendees just became easier and more effective with INTIX and yourtri.be! You can send event updates, marketing communications and more straight to your customers, saving you time downloading, uploading, exporting and importing to third party SMS platforms — you'll love how easy we've made it.
SMS Marketing is currently available in AUD. We love our international INTIX family too and are working on bringing additional currency options in to keep the costs down for you too!
International event organisers can use the function immediately, as it is, but please note that international charges will apply for non Australian mobile numbers. See the details further down on pricing for full details.
Note: Before you start you'll need to have setup billing information within yourtri.be. SMS communication is not available on trial accounts. Head to Adding your billing details for unrestricted access to yourtri.be to see how to set up billing and unlock the full potential of yourtri.be!
Why SMS Marketing?
- The average person receives anywhere from 10 to 30 marketing emails per day
- The average person will receive fewer than 5 SMS marketing messages in a week
- SMS open rates are 95% vs email open rates at 21%
- Average user response time is 90 seconds on SMS v 2.5 days on email
- Average conversion rates are 32% on SMS v 3.2% on email
- A message from your headliner or guest speaker to all your customers about how excited they are about your event with a bit.ly link or similar to your ticket sales page
- Contacting previous attendees with special offers like early access to tickets, including a bit.ly link or similar to your ticket sales page
- Contacting attendees before/during/after the event with reminders, updates and attendee surveys
To get started either:
- Select Audience and then use your INTIX credentials to log in to yourtri.be if you're already logged in to the INTIX Dashboard
- Log in to your yourtri.be Dashboard using your INTIX credentials
Note: If you haven't created any Filters yet check out this article to help you through. Once this is done it's easy and simple to target these customers via SMS and it will only take a few minutes.
Create an SMS Campaign
To create an SMS Campaign:
- Go to MARKETING > EMAIL / SMS Campaigns > Click the 'Create Campaign' button
- Select the 'Create SMS Campaign' button
- Enter a 'Campaign Title'. This is an internal reference for you to differentiate between the campaigns that you may send
- Enter characters into the 'Who is it from?' field. This will display on the recipients phone as the "From". It defaults to your organisation name (shortened to 11 characters) however to provide context to the recipients you could use the event name or artist name - Something that will stand out to them as being about your event
Note: If you're wondering 'Why 11 characters?' essentially this field is replacing the 11 characters of phone number digits with letters instead.
- Add your message content into the 'What's the message?' field. You can personalise the message by using the drop-down to select a merge field
Note: All genuine sends (non-tests) will include 'Opt out? https://bit.ly/3c4ai' at the end of the SMS. This is a link to log in and update the customers subscription preferences and is required by law. This counts towards your 160 characters so we've kept it as short as possible.
It is also important to remember when using a merge field, like 'first name', that some names are much longer than others. We suggest keeping your message short if using a merge field to avoid excess charges for long names that put you over the 160 character limit for a single credit.
- Select the Filter you wish to send to from the drop-down under 'Who should it go to?'
- Click the 'Save SMS Campaign' button
Note: You can edit all fields before sending even after hitting save.
Testing your campaign prior to sending
Nothing looks more unprofessional than an SMS campaign with a broken link or spelling mistakes. The SMS function has a test feature and we suggest using it to make sure you're 100% happy with your campaign before sending it out to your customers!
- From your SMS campaign overview click on 'Send a Test'
- Enter your mobile number into the input field
- Click 'Send Test SMS'
- Check your phone for the SMS and proof
Note: Merge fields will not display as your name and 'Opt out? https://bit.ly/3c4ai' will also not show on test messages.
Sending your campaign
Note: If you do not have enough credits based on your estimated usage you will be required to purchase these credits prior to sending. To add credits, click the Add more credits button and purchase an applicable number of credits. The card attached to the yourtri.be account will be charged that amount.
- From your SMS campaign overview click on 'Send SMS Campaign'
- In the pop-up type send me into the input field to enable the Send Campaign SMS button
- Click the 'Send Campaign SMS' button
The campaign will now show in your Campaigns list as SENT
1 credit = 160 characters. Bear in mind the Opt Out link and any personalisation you use counts towards the 160 characters. Characters include spaces and grammar as well as letters, numbers and symbols.
International numbers (not Aussie/non starting in +61) are charged international fees. These are 3x the standard credits. Eg. A message with 200 characters is going to use 6 credits. Please consider this before sending. Alternative currency options are coming.
Credits start from 7c AUD each and are cheaper in larger quantities.
Contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or if you have any questions before getting started with SMS marketing.